Mining industry captains and stakeholders are scheduled to converge in South Africa’s North West also known as South Africa’s ‘Platinum Province’ to deliberate on how to navigate new market and technological trends.
The conference planned for 25-26 January 2022 will focus on the diverse investment opportunities in the North West, highlight and promote junior mining, and enhance social cohesion and post-COVID-19 economic recovery.
The North West is known as South Africa’s ‘Platinum Province’ due to its abundant mineral riches of platinum, chrome and platinum group metals. It is also home to a strong dimension stone sector, due to the riches of its slate, marble and granite deposits.
This conference both to be attended physically and virtually is organised by South Africa’s Department of Mineral Resources and Energy.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Provide an overview of the regulatory framework in South Africa as it relates to the sector;
- Provide an overview of the outlook for minerals and mining globally and regionally, including pertinent investment needs in the sector in South Africa;
- Outline the provincial investment opportunities in the sector, including potential growth opportunities and new projects;
- Establish communication and networking channels between stakeholders for regular exchange on opportunities in the sector; and
- Promote Economic Transformation and Social Cohesion in North West.